Food and Menus
This is a very important side of our care. We provide the best quality balanced diets prepared by our Fully Qualified Chef.
All of our staff have been trained in food preparation and food hygiene which is vital to maintaining the high standards in our business and we continue to be rated ‘5’ for food hygiene by Hampshire County Council.
This is the best score possible under their guidelines.
Nutrition is paramount to ensure children have enough energy to participate in the vast array of activities that are on offer throughout their day. Our current menu is available for our parents to see, it is displayed in each unit and available on request.
Each meal has a vegetarian option displayed alongside for the children who have this requirement. The vegetarian dish will always mirror the main dish so the children are unaware of any differences. Fruit is available with most deserts. This means they are receiving fruit during their snack times as well as during their deserts, both at lunch and dinner.
All of the menus have been carefully designed to ensure children receive the right amount of each of the food groups.
full information on what makes up each dish can be found on the daily menu board displayed under the tree in our main car park.
- All of the dishes are homemade on site.
- Fresh fruit and vegetables are dominant in every recipe, whether they are on full view or carefully hidden within delicious sauces.
- We change our menus twice a year to incorporate the summer and winter months.
- A three week rotation allows children to experience a good variety of recipes from around the world.
- Our children receive two course meals both at lunchtime and at dinnertime.